Power supply?

Hi

After my EQ6 ground to a halt tonight, the power tank don't last long when you get the dew heaters out, I was wondering if there was something that enabled you to run the whole thing off the mains electrical supply?

13.8v regulated bench PSU will do the job.

Maplin sell a range - I would suggest the 7 amp or 10 amp one would be best if you are running dew heaters (£39.99 and £59.99 respectively)

xm20w.jpg

Or for £75 there's a 15 amp supply

n31gk.jpg

Should have enough for all your needs :icon_salut:

And be very careful about using mains outdoors (especially in the wet / dew) unless you know exactly what you are doing! I would go for a leisure battery, at least 75Ah capacity and a decent charger/conditioner. These both cost a few bob but will last you years.

And be very careful about using mains outdoors (especially in the wet / dew) unless you know exactly what you are doing! I would go for a leisure battery, at least 75Ah capacity and a decent charger/conditioner. These both cost a few bob but will last you years.

Ah of course I got a couple of leisure batteries for my electric outboard, good idea, cheers

Archived