Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starry Night Pro 6 and image previews

philming

Hi all !

I've recently reinstalled SN, and there's something I'm missing. Appart from a few deep sky objects, very few seem to actually have a photographic preview to them.

I'm trying to make a list of what to shoot tonight, and was expecting to have the actual view of the objects on screen so as to know how they would fit on my 450D imager.

Things that ranged from IC1396 to the bubble nebula (NGC7635).

Dowloading images from live sky just doesn't make it. They just don't look like what I'm looking for (Something like a Hubble images, like there is for one objects (M31 i.e.)

All I get are outlines of the general shapes I guess, but it's not really precise or very explanatory.

So maybe I'm just missing something ? Is there an option I'm supposed to tick somewhere to get all those IC and NGCs on screen ?

Best regards,

Hi Phil

It may be something to do with Quicktime

It happened to me with no images showing, I think you need the latest version of Q/T

It was a while ago but i'm sure I found the solution by googling S/N6 & Quicktime

Hope you get it sorted

Greenkat

Archived