Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 ed80

Trevor N

Very nice trevor, very nice indeed.. you have captured loads of detail in there, although still a compressed JPEG its got lots of promiss, the original TIFF must be a cracker..

No trailing, great guiding etc..

I spent 5 minutes on your image I hope you don't feel offended.

Imported into Pixinisight and the DBE tool used

Saved as an 8 bit tiff

Imported into Photoshop CS

Star layer

Noise reduction

Re applied the star layer

Noels smaller star action

imported into stargazers.. :)

Am off to bed.. :(

post-15416-133877683754_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments and to Guy for improving the image. Does anyone know of a PS method to get a flatfield ? There is noticeable vignetting but I struggle to know how to get shot of it.

Mount was an HEQ 5 and the subs were 4 mins at 1600 ISO. Fairly good in respect of light pollution here but like a lemon I forgot to fit the LP filter .Regards , Trevor

I normally shoot at ISO 800. I don't think that the LP is too bad where i am so will definately give 1600 a go now. Can't manage 4 mins yet though. Guidescope arrived from FLO today :D but no guidecam as yet :)

Keep up the good work.

It is a nice clean image, very nice.

As soon as I saw it I, too, thought 'PixInsight DBE.' Photoshop does have a lens correction filter but I'm afraid I have no idea how to use it. However, you could get Russell Croman's Gradient Xterminator plug-in and that should sort it out. If you do that, have a good look at the tutorial on how to apply it only to background sky.

Olly

Archived