Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter Oct 15th Reprocess

Space Cowboy

Done a repro using Ninox to weed out the best 3000 frames. Quite pleased with result as it has better contrast with Io looking sharper and top of image no longer has artefacts caused by Jupiter drifting off the chip during capture (edited out rogue frames with Vdub).

DFK with Auto Dob and 5x powermate.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture14212-oct-15th-sharp.png

Some excellent detail Stuart, the moon does look tighter too. Ninnox better selections perhaps

How good would you rate ninnox compared to say a double optimizing using k3 and registax to weed out bad frames. does Ninnox let any bad ones in ? i know k3 and reg does ALL THE TIME

Done a repro using Ninox to weed out the best 3000 frames. Quite pleased with result as it has better contrast with Io looking sharper and top of image no longer has artefacts caused by Jupiter drifting off the chip during capture (edited out rogue frames with Vdub).

DFK with Auto Dob and 5x powermate.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture14212-oct-15th-sharp.png

Bit of a thread steal but should I swap my Dob in for he 250p auto? Or get a 200p Goto if funds allow? I'm pretty useless at finding things.

Some excellent detail Stuart, the moon does look tighter too. Ninnox better selections perhaps

How good would you rate ninnox compared to say a double optimizing using k3 and registax to weed out bad frames. does Ninnox let any bad ones in ? i know k3 and reg does ALL THE TIME

Thanks Neil. Can't comment on K3 as I've never used it but I would say Ninnox is as near to manual editing as you can get it's so consistent with quality selection just like peas in a pod. I tried it on one of my Saturn runs from the spring and the improvement was dramatic exactly as if I'd run it through VDub. Only problem is when I tried putting the full 10000 frame avi through it failed to quality select so i've optimized the best 5000 in Reg before running through Ninnox (also do this to debayer first).

I've heard George that the auto 250 dob is no longer produced as they are only doing the GOTO version now so unless you want to pay a grand it looks like the 200 Goto is your best option.

Its just going down from a 250px to 200p that bothers me.

Archived