Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finderscope

So after my first Star Party and first chance to use the Sky-Watcher Skymax-102 i have concluded that i cannot deal with the back and neck contortions required to use the finderscope when looking at the Zenith and thereabouts. I obviously need a right angled jobbie to help out. I cant seem to find these on their own in the online stores. So i'm close to concluding that this is the best option;

First Light Optics - Skywatcher 9x50 Right-Angled, Erecting Finderscope

Any advice gratefully received.

Marc, Green Witch also can supply finders here and they also supply an erect prism right angled finder (...don't ask me to repeat that phrase!) as well. Straight through provide an image that is upside down/back to front, right angles produces an image that is just back to front with the prism type giving you an identical image to that seen in the sky. You might need to check with either supplier what is included in the price, namely the bracket the finder scope is secured to and also the 'shoe' that the bracket attaches to which will need securing to the scope.

James

Archived