Nexstar GOTO

No problem :D

Maybe Hex & Stargazer51N (or anyone else) you can help me?

a) can you recommend a 12V powertank for the Nexstar? I am on a budget so I need something relatively cheap - at present my viewing sessions are 2, maybe 3 hours max. Any companies in particular?

:) On SGL I keep timing out & having to re-enter my password. I was reading this thread for about 10 minutes, then as I went to write this reply & suddenly I'm being asked for my password etc again. Minor issue but annoying. any ideas?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No problem :)

Maybe Hex & Stargazer51N (or anyone else) you can help me?

a) can you recommend a 12V powertank for the Nexstar? I am on a budget so I need something relatively cheap - at present my viewing sessions are 2, maybe 3 hours max. Any companies in particular?

Hi Vofa,

I use a 20Ah 4 in 1 that I bought from Halfords a couple of years ago for £50. It's got two 12v outlets, a flourescent light, the compressor comes in handy for the car tyres and the jump leads are detachable. I've just looked on the Halfords website and the same thing is now £79, so a bit expensive :o

Halfords | Halfords Power Pack 100 with Compressor

I think 17 to 20Ah is a good capacity to go for as one charge will last several sessions and cope with more accessories as you buy them (which, let's be honest, is inevitable :D )

I leave mine charging on a Maplin solar charger so it's always ready when I need it.

12V 7Ah is fine for the Nexstar - I got a nice one from Lidl some years ago for under 10 pounds, complete with cigarette lighter socket and assorted voltage options (which isn't much help now I suppose!). I must say a lot of the ones on the web seem very overpriced. You can pick up a bare 7Ah lead-acid battery (as opposed to a 'power pack' complete with charger, fancy terminals, flashing lights etc) for 10 pounds or so.

NigelM

Archived