Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Advice required for Different Eyepieces.

Only been on these forums for 5mins and I'm already asking questions.

Anyhoo!Down to business.

Currently I have a set of Orion "Sirius Plossl Eyepiecs (40mm, 32mm,20mm, 17mm, 12.5mm,10mm, 7.5mm & 6.3mm).

I have been toying with getting the Meade 4000 Series Super Plossl set but is there any point in changing?

By that I mean would I notice any significant/dramatic change in going for the Meade set.

It's just one of those wee things I have toyed with for ages but never got around to it.

I am happy with the Orion set of eyepieces I have so if I did go for the Meade set (which only gives 6 pieces) would I just be wasting money??

BTW:- Does anyone know of a "Dummies Guide" to setting up and using a Meade LX90 ACF??I know Patrick Moore does a book which covers the LX200 series but is there one for the LX90's or can anyone point me in the right direction?It's just that I'm never too sure if I have it set up right.

Iain

I am happy with the Orion set of eyepieces I have

Hi Iain, If you are happy with your current eyepieces, then I wouldn't change. Your LX90 is undemanding with eyepieces, as is any F10 focal ratio telescope, so what you already have should be fine.

The only reason I can think of to upgrade, is to get a wider field of view, or longer eyerelief with the shorter focal length EPs. The quality of what you see will be good with what you have.

If I can find a good LX90 guide, I will come back with a link.

Regards, Ed.

Edit - LX90 info, but not ACF specific, HTH, Ed.

http://jan.eaglecreekobservatory.org/

Hi, I don't think you would notice any discernable difference with the Meade's to be honest, they are also plossl's, my advice is to get more adventuresome if you fancy a change, try the BST explorer's or go for wider field ep's, especially at the low magnification end if you like DSO's!

I have a Skywatcher 127 Mak 5" Mak and interested in buying some Baader eyepieces and can anyoone recommend some for me and looking for a low and high powered and any info on the zoom eye piece that is out would be welcome. Thanks :)

I have 2 Plossl Eye Pieces which are a 20mm and a 10mm and would there be a lot of difference between these and Baader Hyperions and how good are are Baader Hyperions and there zoom eyepieces. I have a 127 Mak and love observing the moon and planets mostly. Thanks

would there be a lot of difference between these and Baader Hyperions and how good are are Baader Hyperions

There's a world of difference in terms of the "feel" of the eyepieces and the expansive views they offer. In your Mak 127, the Hyperions would work very well indeed.

I have a set of Orion "Sirius Plossl Eyepiecs (40mm, 32mm,20mm, 17mm, 12.5mm,10mm, 7.5mm & 6.3mm). I have been toying with getting the Meade 4000 Series Super Plossl set but is there any point in changing?

In an LX90, I'd say quite confidently that you would see absolutely no difference whatsoever! :)

Archived