Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Iris

psemil

Got two very good nights when I imaged this. Half of the exposures at home and the others on the top of the mountain at 1700 m.

Newton 8'' custom, Baader Mpcc, Eq6 Pro, Canon 500Da, iso 800, Exp - 21x10' + 19x5'.

Clear Sky.

irispera2011.jpg

Thanks Fenriz, Glenn.

Yes, it was realy hard (for me) to show the dust in this image. I was lucky to image half of the exposure at high altitude and almost perfect sky - gray - Bortle Dark-Sky scale

Those exposure almost doubled the S/N increasing also overall resolution with the lowest Fwhm I ever had in my images - 3'' (my resolution is 1.06 arcsec/pixel).

Clear Sky

Thanks all for appreciation.

Glenn fwhm - with CCD inspector. Usually I image in green/blue zone but in summer for few nights I'm moving all equipment to mountains around my home (there are plenty of mountains here).

Olly i am really glad you like the processing. My primary goal was to show dust dimension and color in the nebula. I succeeded partially...

If half of your exposures are of considerably better quality than the other half, would it not be better just to stack the good half?

I really don't know the answer as I am complete imaging newbee, but i would have thought there was a point at which stacking lower quality frames with much higher ones would reduce the quality of the final stacked image.

Great image!

Archived