NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

how can i use a light pollution filter with dslr at prime focus

beamer3.6m

Hi.

I use my Canon 400d with my explorer 200p and attach it at prime focus using an eos t-ring which screws directly to the scope when I unscrew the 1.25" eyepiece holder.

However I want to add a light pollution filter. Where would I do this. I cannot use a 2" adapter as it stops me achieving focus.

Any ideas?

Ps. the camera is used everyday for normal shots too so cannot do any permanent moss.

Cheers

Is the FLO 2" adpator too long to achieve focus? I used the very similar MaxDSLR 2" adaptor with my 150P to hold 2" LPR filters and could still achieve focus. There was only about 7-8mm of back focus left, but it did reach focus.

Stock 200P struggles to obtain focus unless the cameras natively on the t-thread - any form of extension (I tried the MaxDSLR) and it pushes it out too far (based on my own experience)

Archived