Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dslr setup

Hi there,

I have a pentax k-m, I know I need a t ring, I have a t adaptor already. I also need a remote shutter release. Anyone got any other essentials for basic imaging? Something I want to try

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk.

Skywatcher 130. 9mm 12mm 15mm 20mm 32mm revelation eps. Meade 10 x 50 bins.

Not sure yet. I'm thinking I will see more from imaging dso s. But I'm also aware that my setup isn't the most heavyweight around.

Hi,

I got a pentax Ist-dl, has your motor got motor drive? if so this is essential, Problem with pentax is post processing by the camera is very slow and this is due to the cameras buffer not as in some cases with the speed of the SD card.

Only capture pics as raw images, you will lose so much data if you capture using jpeg software like dss will open pef files and after using stacking software adobe photoshop cs4 or 5 will let you do the rest,

Im on a big learning curve myself and as yet havent got any decent images to show off but the universe isnt going anywhere so we got plenty time to learn

Kev.

Hi kev,

Thanks for the reply. I do have an RA motor drive . Thanks for the tip regarding RAW files. I have Photoshop, and I have an ( un tried) stacking program that came with Sky At Night mag. I'm assuming Ill need to get Polar alignment spot on too.

Hello,

"Deep sky stacker" and also "registax" is free software just search for them and a link will appear,

Polar alignment is vital, however with the mount that I have it isnt going to be brilliant but good enough. I tried taking 1min 40 sec pics last night and I did this with no star trails so its looking positive.

Kev

Archived