Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best Jupiter so far

bm1980

Hi all, its been a while since i have had chance to get out. Finally on Saturday we had clear skies over Lancashire :)

Aprox 2000 frames stacked in R6 with my 127 Mak, i know its no were near as good as most that i see on here but i am happy with it.

Regards

Ben :)

post-24720-13387767983_thumb.jpg

Coming along nice there Ben looks like you got a moon in transit ( io maybe ? ) :)

Chears bigal, there was me thinking that the GRS didnt come out very well, cant beleive i have captured a moon in transit :)

Thanks for the comments guys, as always feel free to give your honest opinions as i would apreciate your views, i just couldnt seem to get the focus on jupiter, i found saturn easier to get into focus. I will just have to wait another couple of months before we get clear skies again in dreary Lancashire :evil6:

Regards

Ben

Well done Ben. A bit soft but could be due to poor seeing, or not quite in focus etc.

Everything else looks pretty good. 2000 frames is quite a lot. do you recall the capture settings?

Yes it was probablly down to poor seeing and my dodgy attempt at focusing.

What is the correct amount of frames and settings to capture jupiter using my set up ?

Sorry didnt make a note of settings just played around until it looked ok. I will have to use sharpcap nexy time as Wxastrocapture dint save my settings.

Regards

Ben

Yes it was probablly down to poor seeing and my dodgy attempt at focusing.

What is the correct amount of frames and settings to capture jupiter using my set up ?

Sorry didnt make a note of settings just played around until it looked ok. I will have to use sharpcap nexy time as Wxastrocapture dint save my settings.

Regards

Ben

Don't be too hard on your self Ben, if the seeing is off then it can be near impossible to determine best focus

VirtualDub Downloads - virtualdub.org will tell you how many frames you have and the running time to help recover some of your metadata re. fps and capture times.

As you drag the main slider across, the frame number and running time are displayed below.

Fire Capture will also keep a nice log of capture settings although it's primarily designed for the Flea3 and not really intended for ordinary webcam, it will still work quite well. All of your camera controls should be accessable but not always through the direct on screen controls (if you decide to give it a try I can help with more specific guidance) It can be found here FireCapture

Archived