NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NEQ6 Azimuth Manual Adjustment

NeutrinoWave

Hi All,

My Azimuth bolts allow me to secure my mount onto the Tripod base. But when I turn them to maximum tension, they fix the Mount to the tripod only.

I was expecting Azimuthal rotation of the Mount against the Tripod Base, on adjustment of the Azimuthal Bolts.

Is there something wrong here, as I was under the assumption that Azimuthal adjustment as well as Altitude adjustment was required for Polar Alignment.

Help can anybody advise please.

Hi Tried but no joy. Made them completely loose, then tightened one of them nothing moved.

Is the adjustment supposed to be constrained to a few degrees, or should it have freedom to adjust up to 180 degrees if one should wish.

Here is a picture of my setup.

I wonder if the restriction in the movement is due to the tension in the tightened of the central pole for the tripod. There are two (one above and one below the tripod stabilising plate) tightening bolts for this and should these have some flexibility in movement. Currently they are both very tight.

post-29689-133877679107_thumb.jpg

Make sure the long bolt under the mount that screws upwards into the mount holding it in place, is not too tight. Otherwise the AZ bolts won't work. But do tighten the leg spreader plate up firmly. :D

RESULT, Thanks Brantuk that worked...Phew, this game of mount setting is like some form of Krypton Factor for the newcomer. Intuitively one is inclined to screw all bolts tight and snug on first unboxing, in fear of any errors that can be introduced in accuracy and any instabilities that can be incurred due to weight loading. It really is a game of experience this one, but I suppose when one gets that fine adjustment completed, then everything can be screwed tight in place. So he says!

That's exactly what I do. I fasten up everything up then just unscrew the central bolt a touch to allow for the azimuth adjustment. The 'real' sticking point comes when you buy the pillar extension that can help raise the mount head higher on the tripod. The mount has to be fixed to the top of the pillar and then you attach the bottom of the pillar to the tripod as you would normally do. Any azimuth adjustment cannot be executed from the mount head because that has been secured tight INTERNALLY against the top of pillar. Here any adjustment must be made by swivelling the whole tube to the left or right and is not difficult but like you, I thought that I had made a mistake or was missing something.

Glad you've go it sorted out!

James

• 1 year later...

Archived