sun bits :)

couleurblue

Hi...its been a while since I managed to get some sun:)

I am still trying to perfect sun imaging, and here is a little of yesterdays sun:-

a-6.jpg

Next,the same region animated.Note the high speed material

ejection from the sunspot---very fast...over 2o minutes....hundreds of thousands of miles an hour velocity.Unfortunately the sun was low,and the air tubulent---especially with aircraft from Heathrow all around!

sun2.gif

And finally,a group of proms.....animated from shots of an hours activity. If you look carefully you can see plasma moving in a wave

across from left to right from the two main proms,and continuing in a wave left of these and back to the surface.Enjoy:D

sun-1.gif

Thanks for viewing....Gordon

Cheers Ken and Mark. Yes Ken,things are getting better.I stripped the etalon (did you say oh my God!!!!!!!!),and completely reset it.Now I have super simultaneous

surface and prom detail,which can be improved either way :D. What I lack now is

higher mag. resolution. Have room to get focus with the teleview x2.5 in place,but

very fine focus is not possible...may be better next year when the sun is higher

and there is less turbulence,If not,I have reached the limit with the vixen,

Nevertheless,it produces lovely clean sharp images with the DMK 21 only. Will make lovely animations!!!! with DSSR guiding and DVS software( Under trial at mo) and photoshop or GIF animator

Think I need a 41 DMK or better! Money money money Ha Ha.

Gordon.

The etalon....of course,I did not interfere with the etalon itself,but the front and rear

lens 'cradles'were loose and rattling in the housing..... these were removed and repositioned/reseated and sealed. I also rotated and reset the setting wheel of the etalon and found that it was way off.With some very careful air cleaning and tightening,and repositioning the changes were remarkable!!!!

You see Ken,I had nothing to loose. The etalon was useless and not fit for purpose.

Risking its complete destruction was the only option.Nothing to lose by taking it to pieces as far as possible and a decent reassemble. I did discover a number of

marks and anomalies that revealed the possibility that it had been disassembled before me,and poorly put back again!!! How odd to say the least:)

Gordon.......

Thanks for clarifying Gordon. Sounds like something to be attempted only as a last resort, which is where you were at!

Now your equipment is sorted, the rest is probably down to image processing technique........

Regards

Stu

Thanks Alexandra...hope for much better next year .Yer, the lenses Ken.I often wondered what the rattling was. I found out :D

Stu,I am still a novice at image processing.... Ken gave some advice for which I am thankful,but now over winter I need to read a lot.

Gordon.

Archived