Power Adapters for NEQ6

Does the NEQ6 Mount come with a 12v Mains Adaptor.

Mine arrived with only an adaptor to fit into a car cigarrete lighter?

Am I missing something out the box, or is it an actual separate order that is required.

Just need to know before I ring, as shop hours are shut currently

Good question....don't know...

The NEQ6 with full slew on both axis will take close to 2A...and add any other gear -cameras, dew heaters etc then you could be in trouble with a lesser capacity...

Now it all makes sense why 5A seems like the way to go.

Additional peripherals\equipment will most certainly add to the supply requirements over a base NEQ6.

I bought a mains adapter from an Astro-dealer, which also gives a regulated power supply. The mains adapter plugs straight into the mains and straight into the mount at the other end with a 12v adapter in the middle.

Carole

For a couple of years I have used one of these

12V 5A Car Socket Power Supply : 12V Car Accessory Power Supplies : Maplin

from Maplins for my HEQ5 (as it handily comes with a lighter socket which the HEQ5 needs). However - it is not regulated, and mine always cycled between ~11 and 14Vs. I have recently had trouble with the handset crashing or resetting, and to cut a long story short it appears it is the power supply which is the problem, as a regulated bench top power supply I borrowed runs the mount without any problem. So my advice would be always to get a regulated supply.

NigelM

Archived