Using a flashed SPC 880 webcam...

Hi all,

After reading a few threads about this webcam I went ahead and placed an order for the Morgan Computers bundle. It arrived today (nice and quick by the way) and I have fitted the eyepiece adaptor and installed the drivers.

Great! But now what? Is it a simple case of popping it in, focussing and recording a video with Philips Vlounge application then loading the video into Registax 6?

Is there a bunch of default settings for both the camera and registax for getting an image of the moon or Jupiter for example to give me a place to start?

Many thanks in advance.

Try SharpCap instead of Vlounge - it's free and much better. See the thread in the Imaging section. You need to get your subject nicely focused and turn the gain down until the image on the screen appears fairly dark.

Now there's a piece of advice I can't agree with. I always, both on the Toucam 740 and the SPC880, get a horrible spherical ringing on planets when using low gain. My experience has been to set the gain at least to 75% of max to avoid this spherical fringing.

cheers

Mike

Yep, that's the bundle.

Tried it on the moon last night and got an image but I think it's fair to say I need some practise with Registax!!

Didn't know there was an ebay shop? Nevermind, I'm going to have a go at the long exposure mod so I may be needing another cam soon :rolleyes:

Archived