Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Megrez 90 - Finderscope?

Here is pic of mine. It is the older model but I imagine the method is the same or similar. You need a WO base for the RDF (or clone). I bought mine from Astronomica when at Kelling.

The arrow is pointing at a little plastic screw which you remove and then the RDF on its base fits. There is one on each side so you have a choice as to where you mount it.

Dave

post-14654-133877674541_thumb.jpg

Here is pic of mine. It is the older model but I imagine the method is the same or similar. You need a WO base for the RDF (or clone). I bought mine from Astronomica when at Kelling.

The arrow is pointing at a little plastic screw which you remove and then the RDF on its base fits. There is one on each side so you have a choice as to where you mount it.

Dave

Many thanks,

Don:icon_salut:

I find that finders around the focuser are either too low to use comfortably or get in the way when focusing. I made a little L shaped bracket and mounted mine on the top of the rings.

See photo below. It's not a WO scope but it is 90mm and the rings are WO. The RDF is a Baader Skysurfer 3, a lot cheaper than a WO but then again you might be wanting to stick to the same brand?

post-17776-133877674604_thumb.jpg

Archived