NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Auto Focuser

Nice one, thanks for the quick reply, so no issues to report etc?

Don't think I will use the connection to the pc, so won't bother with that?

What size batteries does it run off, AA or is it a dc/ac electric hook up?

Installation was a bit fiddly - there are alternative parts for different scopes. You need to remove one focussing knob. Then remove the four screws underneath the focusser - the bracket for the motor is fitted using these four screws. Loosly fit everything then work out which adaptor fits between the scope focusser and the motor. Get everything lined up and tighten. Battery/control pack has a single coiled lead and plugs into the motor. I can let you have pics when you get yours if it will help...Neil

Cheers Neil that would be awsome. If you don't mind sticking them up when you have a mo then I can get a feel for the installation before it arrives.

Cheers everybody for all your replys, seems like a popular mod for the scope.

How will that benefit me over the standard focuser with the auto upgrade? It is turning the focuser knobs that is producing the wobble, surley I will still have to turn the knobs on the dual speed?

Thanks for the reply though - something else to think about.

How will that benefit me over the standard focuser with the auto upgrade? It is turning the focuser knobs that is producing the wobble, surley I will still have to turn the knobs on the dual spped?

Won't the crayford be smoother and have more precision?

The standard SW RnP focuser is gawd awful on extra movement and not smooth at all.

Is the vibration coming from fighting the RnP focuser? I know mine does because the SW RnP is a piece of ****.

Archived