NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mondays Mushy Mosaic (and a BIG prom) 3rd October

markt

Well the sun is rapidly dropping in elavation now as we head into october; even though I managed to get out earlier after work than last week, el sol is getting closer and close to the hedge line. I think my solar is going to be restricted to weekend duties now being realistic.

The sun had a shimmering 'saw tooth' limb as I imaged today, which is a sign how poor seeing is, especially to be noticeable at 40mm. Still, one has to persevere, and while todays full disk is nowhere near what I like to post quality wise it's about as good as it was this afternoon.

6208563549_d91fa56202_b.jpg

full disk lrg by Mark Townley, on Flickr

The prom on the SW limb was a corker though, so decided to switch down to single stack mode to get the best view possible. Given the near horizontal sun and poor seeing I was quite pleased with the outcome through the 2.5x powermate...

6208564237_a61ed16295_o.jpg

ha 2x 0012 11-10-03 16-52-54 by Mark Townley, on Flickr

Hope you like!

Mark :)

Archived