NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Golden Pacman

johnrt

After my dust marathon of earlier in the fantastic clear week we have been having I wanted to test out my new Orion ED80 T CF with some narrowband stuff. The old Megrez was a capable n/b scope, but how much better could the Orion be?

The scope is an Orion ED80T CF, camera Atik 314l+ and the image consists of 8 10 minute subs in Ha, SII & OIII. Total imaging time 4 hours. This would have had much longer on it had I not missed focus on some Ha subs (AGAIN!!!) and managed to shoot 80 minutes without any filter :) how I did this I have no idea.

Focus mask now on order :p

Processing was done equally between Pixinsight and Photoshop CS5.

6203180996_9ddef1c841_b.jpg

Indeed, almost three pages of new images over the weekend. You can tell the skies are clear.

Lovely image John, I always think the more detail you manage to get into this the less it looks like the Pacman shape :)

Oh, and forgive me for pinching your 'Flickr' link idea. To where do I send the royalties?

Thank you all. I think the "earwig" describes the central area just nicely.

Indeed a ton of fantastic images have turned up over the last 7 days, I real pleasure looking at all of them on here!

• 2 weeks later...

Update!

Since the weather broke I've had a bit of time to have a play with the data on this one, I had another version with much softer colours but much less detail, so set about trying to find a middle ground between the two.

Eventually I came up with version 3. :rolleyes:

6231350997_ac12b0e7a6_b.jpg

Archived