Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Salvaged Jupiter from this morning 28th

MisterT

Setup for this mornings Io transit with the threat of fog looming. I decided to take a couple of shots so i had something in the bag in case of the worst.

After a couple of hours kip i went outside at 3am to find no fog but some very bad seeing, which had not got any better by the time i packed up around 5am.

After work i had a look at my earlier shots and here is one with Io approaching Jupiter and dark Callisto behind.

8" sct and Dbk21 around 11:30... excuse the onion rings..

There have been some great shots posted on here today and we still have 3 or 4 more clear nights to come.

Martin

post-22618-133877667846_thumb.jpg

Some nice detail on that, seeing around here has been quite stable, but the dew and mist has been so bad its really offset the calm with little to show for that calm in last couple of days.

Good call on getting a early shot as a back up. I just made a dew sheild out of a vax vaccum box, Was a nightmare battling with that, but this high pressure has made the moisture go nuts hasnt it.

Archived