NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Do mono webcams.....

TheThing

I was advised IR cut not needed for mono ;)

So when your doing LRGB with a mono cmaera.. why do you use a L filter which usually have UV/IR cut... :p

An unfiltered mono CCD is sensitive to IR and depending on the scope and other accessories used the chances are that the IR will be focussed at a different point to the visible light and result in bloat...

Peter...

With mono cams you use RGB filters (that are IR/UV blocked) and sometimes broad band for luminance in a LRGB image. The standard L filter in LRGB set is IR/UV cut and it's quite hard to get good luminance from that filter (due to seeing and/or atmospheric dispersion). So if someone wants planetary LRGB image uses IR passing filter (either visual red/orange wratten longpass filters, or deeper IR filters like Astronomik ProPlanet 742).

So when your doing LRGB with a mono cmaera.. why do you use a L filter which usually have UV/IR cut... :p

Peter...

Good point, I have no idea ;) Just saying what I was advised (on here) for B&W :eek:

You might want to consider using IR pass or deep red for the L...

Peter...

I love my IR pass to bits on Jupiter at the moment. Not thought to turn it on the moon! Experiment for later in the month ...

Archived