Ha SPECTACLE NOW 22 Sept

ollypenrice

If you have an Ha scope get out there now! There is an amazingly intense prominence forming just this side of the limb and brighter by far than the disk itself. I can't image it because I have to pick folks up at the station but it's a thriller.

Olly

Anyone else get a glimpse?

A fantastic prominence, visible right across the available spectrum on my PST. On one side of Ha it was bright and compact, streaming directly outwards from the sunspot, bright, with almost parallel jets. On band it was kind of chaotic, but showing more loops, extending further round the limb, and with floating clouds, and on the other wing the loops extended further over the limb.

Watching as I tuned the filter, they seemed to be moving, spraying out from the sunspot and over - absolutely fascinating. :glasses2:

Rough sketches will come later... Sorry, was the best I could do through the patchy cloud and without a camera to hand :rolleyes:

Hi folks,

dont post here very much I'm more of a reader than writer, I witnessed this activity today with my first ever view through a solar scope, I am a friend of Ken Hugget who makes the solarscope filters based on the Isle of man , he invited me round for a look through one of his scopes ,we both looked through the scope ,spotted the activity , Ken then rang Pete Lawrence who got a quick shot of it.

Baptism of fire if you'll pardon the pun :glasses2:

Archived