Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

camera help

just recieved a dmk21 and had a quick imaging session with it.I seem to have a artifact on the picture i assume its something on then chip i have attached a picture if anyone knows what this is and how to remedy it will be greatly appreciated.

post-26758-13387766423_thumb.jpg

Definetly not a shadow of a moon,i was just reading online that it could be a metal filing from the eyepiece adaptor i screwed on apparently this is common with new cameras but i really dont fancy messing about with a 380 pound camera that i have used once.Any tips how to remove this

Do you have a jewellers 10x loupe to take a closer look. Remeber it's not actually on the chip but on the protective glass (I don't mean IR/UV BTW). If you can see something, could try holding the cam so the chip is facing the floor and try a rocket blower or a clean cotton bud with just the slightest hint of Baader vunder fluid to help tease it off with a gentle touch:icon_scratch:

Three Hundred Eighty POUNDS ? ? ? At first, I thought he was referring to the camera's WEIGHT, but then I realized that this IS a British forum, after all ! ! ! :rolleyes::glasses2:

I agree that there is a speck of something on the sensor. Don't apply ANY pressure to remove it. If a puff of air doesn't do the job, it is time for a refund !

BTW, I see the camera listed at 390 Dollars U.S.

Thought that to be interesting.

just recieved a dmk21 and had a quick imaging session with it.I seem to have a artifact on the picture i assume its something on then chip i have attached a picture if anyone knows what this is and how to remedy it will be greatly appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, is this the old DMK21 or the new 618 version?

Definetly not a shadow of a moon,i was just reading online that it could be a metal filing from the eyepiece adaptor i screwed on apparently this is common with new cameras but i really dont fancy messing about with a 380 pound camera that i have used once.Any tips how to remove this

Now I really hope it's the 618 :rolleyes:

Three Hundred Eighty POUNDS ? ? ? At first, I thought he was referring to the camera's WEIGHT, but then I realized that this IS a British forum, after all ! ! ! ;):glasses2:

I agree that there is a speck of something on the sensor. Don't apply ANY pressure to remove it. If a puff of air doesn't do the job, it is time for a refund !

BTW, I see the camera listed at 390 Dollars U.S.

Thought that to be interesting.

If it is the 618, you best show us a link where it's 390 USD :(

Here's the link for what it's worth. I don't even know for sure if that is the camera we are talking about. But I plugged "dmk21" into Google, and this is what popped up.

DMK 21AF04.AS - Monochrome FireWire Astronomy Camera with 60 fps for Astrophotography

Jim S.

I think it's this one

DBK 21AU618.AS - USB Color Camera without IR Cut Filter with 60 images/s

Archived