m57 @f/10

morimarty

Hi

Just finished my summer target m57@f/10. As all you imagers will know

I had to dump gig loads of data in the recycle bin due to guiding issues @ 2800f/l.:)

Anyway here is the best of what I managed to capture.

scope- celestron c11

mount-neq6

camera- canon 450d

filter-astronomik cls ccd clip

capture software-backyard eos

guiding-phd

40 subs 250secs @ iso800 (2hrs 46mins)

40 darks " " "

no flats/bias

stacked-dss

processed-ps7

post-24033-133877663806_thumb.jpg

Lovely detail in the nebula.

It does look like you've clipped the black though....go a little easier on the blackpoint and you should begin to see some fainter nebulousity around the edge.

Anyway, an image to be proud of :)

Cheers

Rob

I think Rob's right but, blimey, we don't see many Rings at nearly three metres! And this is quite something.

There have been several threads on how long a FL is viable on an EQ6 and I think you are defining a clear upper limit here! You were very brave to try this. What percentage do you reckon you lost?

Olly

HI

Thanks to all for your comments they are very much appreciated with this being my first posting.

ROB, I have to agree with you clipping the blackpoint. funny thing is though i kind of new i was over doing it. but could not stop myself :glasses2:

OLLY, when i first started out on this project i was guiding using an st80 piggybacked on the c11. but i could not get nice round stars. then i read an old thread on SGL (f/l on eq6) i think it was your good self saying the only way to image @ f/l 2800 would be to use an OAG. so that was the route i chose. and after a few nights practice i finally got nice round stars :rolleyes:

Steve,

Thanks for your reply. i am going to take your advice and reprocess the image. but i think i will try to capture some more data first then add to the data i have captured so far.

You can't have too much data. There outer shells that are tantalizingly faint. Best of luck with this, it's a great project.

Olly

Archived