Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lost in space!

KatieM

Thanks guys!! Unfortunately, senior moments definitely apply to me too and they're getting more frequent!! Ah well, at least I'm not alone! When are we going to get some stargazing in then??? I can't wait!

:)

As far as I know as I'm not sorting this out there is a meeting with hopefully clear skies the Saturday after Kelling I think the 1st Nov.

Then as it's getting dark now there will be at short notice I'm afraid due to weather, messages posted up on Friday about meets at either Sawley or Belper. These will take place either Friday or Saturday night.

I think last year we managed about 12 meets throughout winter, which wasn't to bad considering the horrible weather we had.

We're off to Northumberland on 1st October for a week in the back of beyond. Will be taking both pairs of bins in the hope of getting a couple of clear nights for some serious star gazing! The last time we were up there a few years ago the night sky was breathtaking. I hadn't started getting serious about it then and didn't own any kit but that was the holiday that got me interested! :glasses2:

Hi Damian, We just got back last night. We stayed in a cottage in North Charlton, about 6 miles north of Alnwick. Had a great time but not a lot of clear skies. However, last Monday night was brilliant! I'd forgotten how many stars you can see when the sky is clear!! Everything was so sharp and it looked as if you could almost touch the Plough. I had a great view of the Double Cluster through my smaller bins which I've not been able to do in Derby!! In the end, I spent most of my time just looking rather than looking for anything in particular. It was outstanding!! We'll have to move to Northumberland!!

Hi Katie,

Great place not far fromDunstanburgh and Low newton, hope you managed a visit to the Ship Inn at low newton.. We used to go to Bednell a lot before they turned the old Country House hotel into posh flats. The countryside and beaches are outstanding up there.

So good we often just throw the dogs in the car and bash up the A1, can do druridge bay in 2.5 hrs from here.!!

Glad you enjoyed your hol and you had some dark skies.

Cheers

Damian

:-)

Archived