Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AWR Intelligent Handset questions

Kai

Now i know that the AWR kit isnt your average day to day kit , but is there anybody out there that uses it ?

In particular has anybody had the Messier Object upgrade ?

I would like some feedback if anybody has as i am considering upgrading mine

Regards

Steve :)

I have used AWR both the basic (in the distant past) and Intelligent Handset. They have performed well and to specification. I have not got the upgrade as I don't use the mount it's on much now as I have a Paramount and an AP900 mounts.

Andrew

No answer to your question but AWR has always intrigued me.

Looks a very well thought out, proficient, comprehensive system but the website is an awful mess and makes the whole thing look a Heath-Robinson cludge.

Such a shame and typifies UK engineering - innovative but lacking any marketing finesse. Not meant to be harsh but just expressing frustration at industry in this country which could be so much more successful.

Paul

Yup agreed the website isnt the most user friendly.

Well im just about to box up the Handset and send it off to Allan to add the Messiers etc onto it , fingers crossed it should be back within a week :)

Should make things a bit easier than having to enter the RA/Dec coordinates each time.

Archived