NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starlight MX7C 12v power?

Celeste

Hi all, i'm looking for a 12v power cord for the above camera, I have googled but not come close to finding one for this model. Will any 12v lead fit? I have a small orange slot on the side of the camera power box for the 12v to slot into. I also read in the manual that it shouldn't be fed off the same 12v supply as the scope, will this be a *must* or just a suggestion?

I think the reason for the camera supply being independent, is to prevent any voltage changes possibly affecting the data, and thereby your resultant images. I might be wrong, but if you need clarification, why not email Terry Platt at Starlight Xpress.

Terry is a top guy, and always very helpful.

You'll find his email address on the SX website.

He might be able to help with a power supply too.

I believe the camera power supply is a mains one, reduced to 12v dc.

The auxilliary 12v input is for use in the field, where no Mains supply is available.

Using the 12v input should still be a separate supply for the reason I gave.

Good Luck.

Ron.

Thanks for the info, yes I would like the lead for use in field...at a dark site etc. I have a 12v battery to use for the camera alone, just need a charger for it. Lol no I won't be plugging into mains AND 12v...:(

I will go look at the website now thanks :)

Archived