NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

FOV of the Baader 40mm sky surfer

Chubster

He already has. I have emailed the importer and am waiting on his reply. My own thoughts are that the Baader Skysurfer V is a 1x finder where the 'lens' is essentially a window. So, its FOV will vary according to how far up the tube you place it. I have been hoping for an oppurtunity to make some measuremants (time taken for a star to travel across the field) but so far no good.

Chub, your eyepiece will arrive soon, how 'bout I also send you a Skysurfer 'on approval'. If its not to your liking - return it :D

how 'bout I also send you a Skysurfer 'on approval'. If its not to your liking - return it

:D You already have...purchased one from you crimbo time....and there was me thinking that I was your most valuable customer.

Dont remember sending you a PM Steve was it lastnight ? It was late.

The only reason I ask is to help me find things when out with the laptop. Using the FOV indicator in Starrynight. Helps me to star hop so to speak...eye up with what I see through the Baader window with the image on the lappy....dont laugh !

I will give the star timing thing a go if I can too

:D You already have...purchased one from you crimbo time....and there was me thinking that I was your most valuable customer.

Oops :oops: So you have.

Dont remember sending you a PM Steve was it lastnight ? It was late.

I was confused :D

A while back you PM'd about Skysurfer attachments; another member is looking for its FOV.

I think it was me steve re the FOV, i swapped my telrad for the baader and I do like the baader, no dew ect, although now I have two complete volumes of the messier objects 1 to 101 which show the telrad positions for star hopping. They are the books that are sold in america for telrad users, if anyone wants to make me an offer then feel free, although I will not swap them for a telrad as that is silly.

Archived