Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Who needs the SN?

Space Oddity6

Well actually I'd still love to bag it and probably have without knowing it I've scoured that area over and over for the past 3 sessions. Anyway, tried for it again last night to no avail so decided to have a go at some other DSO's. My view to the South is washed out by the bright lights of Swindon, so I turned North to the Cassiopeia area.

Had a look just down from that and ran into NGCs 869 and 884 which were just fabulous. Just looking at those thousands of visible stars has convinced me that there must be someone else out there.

Anyway sorry this was my first DSO since finding the Andromeda Galaxy months ago and I felt I had to share my revelation.

It really is, I've always been so wrapped up trying to observe planets and galaxies I've never gotten round to attempting a double cluster. Just superb though and observing that has convinced me there is other life out there. There must be thousands of planets orbiting those stars just in that small portion of the night sky.

I'm sorry but there is life out there, there just is.

Archived