Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik EFW2 and 64 bit windows

Rossco72

Hi all

Windows recognises my EFW2 as a USB input device and Filterwheel Runner doesn't connect at all.

Artemis Capture does turn the wheel but doesn't allow any specification of the filters or numbers.

Is this a 64 bit problem? Does anyone else have it running ok?

Cheers

I have this device working perfectly in Windows 7 Ultimate but 32 bit version - not entirely answering your question but it does work with windows 7 straight from the box. I can control it using Filterwheel runner and ASCOM. Filterwheel Runner does allow me to set up filter specs. for each slot.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I know it is an old thread but I am facing exactly the same problem and I didn't find any solution, neither on Internet forums nor at Atik support. Is there a known solution already ?

cheers,

Janos

I also could not get the Filterwheel runner to work, but did not find this to be a major issue since the Sequencer tab In Artemis worked fine thus allowing me to select (and name) any filter and the sequence/time/repeats needed. I know that the runner gives even more options but so far I've used the EFW2 successfully without it. I must admit though that trying to track down support for Atik is not straightforward either - their main website in the UK does not provide a phone number, nor an e-mail address (other than to deposit images). I suspect that Atik assume that you'll go back via your dealer if issues arise, but that's not straightforward if you buy a 2nd-hand Atik as in my case....

I also could not get the Filterwheel runner to work, but did not find this to be a major issue since the Sequencer tab In Artemis worked fine thus allowing me to select (and name) any filter and the sequence/time/repeats needed. I know that the runner gives even more options but so far I've used the EFW2 successfully without it. I must admit though that trying to track down support for Atik is not straightforward either - their main website in the UK does not provide a phone number, nor an e-mail address (other than to deposit images). I suspect that Atik assume that you'll go back via your dealer if issues arise, but that's not straightforward if you buy a 2nd-hand Atik as in my case....

Thanks Martin,

My intention is to use the External filter wheel option in Nebulosity and also in Sequence Generator, this was all working fine on my old ( retired ) 32-bit XP laptop.

I was already trying to replace the "automatic" Microsoft HID-drivers for my EFW2 filterwheel in Device manager in Win 7, but no joy so far..

I will give it some more try this evening, and I certainly will report any progress.

Clear skies,

Janos

Archived