Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

"Crazy Paving in Registax6

Does anyone know a cure for Registax6 leaving a stacked image with a "crazy paving" effect? I assume these are the alignment areas. I am stacking a Lunar mosaic of about 30 panes and the first 25 were fine - its the 26th (and 27th) where this has suddenly started to happen. I've tried restarting R6 and closing everything I don't need to run, in case it is a memory problem but that has not helped - I just rebooted but no help. The only other thing I can think of is that pane 26 is mainly a featureless, flat area - maybe not enough contrast??

I had that problem and solved it by reverting to v.5. Turns out if the seeing is terrible, v.6 pulls the alignment areas in different directions. I now use both versions. v.6 for planets and v.5 for lunar / solar (basically surface shots rather than whole disc shots)

Thanks - Mine were taken as the Moon was approaching a tree that gets rather in the way sometimes! It was windy and you can see the (very out of focus) tip of a branch waving across the frame now and again - maybe that is the problem?

I'd try removing those frames and stacking again.

Archived