Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter - 10th September

hayju01

Managed a couple of hours out last night, moon, wind and storm front approaching didnt provdie the perfect conditions but at least it was clear !!!

It's an improvement on last attempt - HERE but I have to be honest I am disappointed.

jupiter0010_castr.tif

Details are

C925, DFK21, x2.5, IC and RS6, only 30fps (as netbook was baulking at 60.)

Thanks Stuart, the DFK definately shows potential. Yes, I used 1/61 but my Dell Mini 9 just isnt able write the data to the internal SSD quick enough this is depicted by on screen 'stutter' as soon as I press record and the resulting AVI has what I can only describe as freeze frame. So looking to upgrade to something with a 'proper' HDD in it.

Jupiter was at aroudn 34degs so considerably higher than on some of my previous attempts.

Might be worth trying the ROI (region of interest) setting or even Firecapture software. I know Firecapture can produce faster frame rates though your hardware issue may over-ride this.

34 degrees is still pretty low compared to when Jupiter is at its max of 50 degrees. I reckon you will see a big difference then.

Thanks Stuart, I'll give ROI a go next time, hopefully my discussions with the misses will resolve my hardware issue especially as Dell are doing 9 months interest free :-)

I think my processing skills may be lacking too, I know what to do but dont know why I'm doing it kinda hit and miss. So never really know if its seeing or processing...but thats the fun I guess

Doesn't look to bad to me Justin, although I agree a little sharper detail would be nice. 34 degrees alt makes it about 1am? It's surprising what a difference a higher altitude makes. My last attempt was about a week ago at 3am and the alt was 45 degrees. Wasn't possible last night though, because the clouds rolled in.

One technique I found useful was to use Ninix to pre-sort the images before loading them in Registax. Last time, I got rid of the worst 25% with Ninox and Registax seemed to have an easier job aligning and grading the frames. The result was a noticeably sharper image.

Cheers,

Tom.

Archived