Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ6 / CGEM pier adaptor

ScubaMike

I'm approaching a local fabricator with a mind to getting one of these machined up.

Assuming the price is right, would anyone else be interested in one?

I'm pricing the bottom plate that attaches to the pier, & the top plate that attaches to the mount.

Alternatively, if anyone knows somewhere that is already making thes, I'd be grateful for the contact details.

(apparently the EQ6 and CGEM adaptors are the same - if you know differently, please let me know).

I made my own too, using round steel plate bought through fleabay.

Another way is to buy a pier extender (eg. from FLO) which gives you a 5" tube with a base plate that you could more easily attach to a pier. The polar alignment adjustment is provided by the extender just like the tripod. You just need to align the tube approximately.

I had thought of that but the problem is that the pier ext base has the same form/profile as the the mount. The other way may be to remove the top plate from the ext and set that into a plate on the pier ......

or do as I hope to, find a tripod and remove the head and bolt thru that. I believe Baz from A.S.I.G.N. does it that way .Pier Plate Modification for EQ6

Archived