Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

...again, QHY5v and PHD problem

bamus

since I have changed method of connecting PHD from EQMOD to ST4 (on camera) I have got nothing but problems. All connects together ok and PHD sees both QHY5v and my mount (eq5 synscan) but when it starts calibration to West it takes 15 steps and then it switches to East, but mount is not changing movement direction and star is drifting another 15 steps to East. There is no warning messages about calibration being not completed and guiding after calibration doesnt guide at all, in fact it is worse than tracking only.

I suspect that autoguideing port might be faulty. Have you got any ideas?

hi All

I have tried today again hoping that I have done something wrong last time, but same problem again. when calibrating east, star was still moving west. then I have switched to manual guiding and while pressing west and east button, star was moving only to west. So I guess problem lies in wrong cable (suplied together with camera) or auto guide port. is there any way to check where the problem is?

Post a picture of your cable ends (so I can see the wiring colours) - after getting two faulty cables I can tell you now if they are right or not :)

I have got camera from Steve and it was working fine with his set up, so I guess there is problem with auto guide port or RA motor.

Anyway, I have bought USB to Serial cable from Astromiser and will go back to good and working before with my mount, EQMOD pulse guiding.

Thank you anyway for your replays

Adam

Happy ending to my story. Today USB to serial adapter from Astromiser has arrived, and after successfully installed it I went outside to test EQMOD guiding and it was working as it should be :( I am so glad that this was not main board or motor problem. Thank you again for all advise.

regards\\Adam

Archived