NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Website new images

neil phillips

Its a been a long while since ive been able to work on my website because i was using a dongle. So recently ive been adding some new images and cleaning up some older ones. Its Fairly chaotic. So would be a fair criticism, but i hope at least the quality of some of the shots over the years makes up for the clear website failings. i may one day start over from scratch. but thats a little daunting. its taken me a while just to get back to a usable site again. Jupiter page has been updated with at least 1 working animation, ive colour ones, but it didnt appear to work so will have to look into it. also a saturn animation on the saturn page, will do more as time goes by possibly put some equipment shots on to give a idea of what my equipment looks like. I hope some find it as interesting as it has been collecting these images over the years. Theres many flaws there agreed. But untill i can be bothered to do anything about it, it will have to do

Neil phillips lunar and planetary images

Both Jupiter animations and the Saturn animation work fine for me Neil and a very impressive collection of images they all are. I always think it's the content that makes a site and I particularly enjoyed the Mars collection. You're being a little hard on yourself, I found the site is fine and fairly easy to navigate

Hi Spikey i tried to reload it and it worked. thanks for the feedback on the broken ( now working ) link. I would prefer the site to be laid out a lot more neatly. with thumbnails, rather than full size images, it helps those with slow connections. some info is also a little sparse. images going back to times i never worried about such things. Anyway its better than it was. so i will start to use it i think, after years in the closet. Cheers Spikey

Anyone getting fed up with the weather and wondering if they should have bought the wife a new washing machine instead of a scope should take a look at this website and be inspired that they are indeed on the right path!:)

Those Venus images are pretty special Neil....that's a planet I've yet to capture.

Thanks Stuart ive loved every minute of those years capturing and learning. As i said to you Venus will put on a show similair to when i captured those images in the not too distant future. time to get a uv filter. I know they are expensive, but really do the buisness. I used a schuler UV on those i now have the astrodon which is supposed to be more sensetive. You may notice i am still adding images to some pages namely mars jupiter and saturn. Think that might be it for now. Thanks for the comments i hope others get inspired to want to try similar. It really does become a love. not just a hobby. Some may also like Dietmars website. a true genius, and a true gentleman. I havent spoken to him for a long time. But one of the most humble Astronomers, ive ever had the pleasure to talk with. My mars colours are completely off. its one planet with a webcam ive struggled with. I would hope to do better. if i get the chance.

Archived