Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hertford Astronomy Group

Members of Hertford Astronomy Group will be in the Howard Centre, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, on Saturday 10th September. They will have a stand set up at the Boots / WH Smith's end of the shopping centre (turn right at the entrance, carry on to the end OR from the rail entrance go down the escalator and turn left).

They will be setting up from 8.30am and will be there until 5.30.

You're welcome. I'm already a member of Letchworth & District AS but am looking at joining another group closer to WelHat where I'm based. BTW, LDAS will be having another public star party on October 22nd so check that one out as well. A lot of LDAS members come from the Stevenage / Hitchin areas so you may already know a few of them.

Hello all at the Hertford Astronomy Group.

Unfortunately I missed this thread earlier and so did not know about the Howard Centre event. I have just had a look at the website and guess the "See you on Wednesday" comments refer to the next club meeting tomorrow night.

Living not to far away from Hatfield/Welwyn Garden City I was thinking about going along to the meeting.

Is it just a sit-down/chat/talk type of thing or should I bring binoculars, probably not worth taking my scope for the first event?

dag123

Hi

The format seems to be a meeting 8-10pm (arrive at 7.30 approx) and then observing depending on conditions so bring bins and/or scope just in case.

The venue is the Hatfield Cricket Club pavillion so plenty of parking plus a dark(ish) field behind the clubhouse. I'm also going so hope fully see you there.

You're welcome. I'm already a member of Letchworth & District AS but am looking at joining another group closer to WelHat where I'm based. BTW, LDAS will be having another public star party on October 22nd so check that one out as well. A lot of LDAS members come from the Stevenage / Hitchin areas so you may already know a few of them.

Will hope to be able to get along to this. Do we need to register or just turn up on the night?

Archived