Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Double vision on new bins help.

After breaking my Celestron 15 x 70 bins two months ago I decided to go for the 25 x 70’s. After trying them out I found that to avoid double vision I had to adjust the pupil distance so far that I couldn’t use both eyes when viewing. I put this down to one of those things and sent them back and purchased the 15 x 70’s as they were OK. Set them up on the tripod last night and got double vision on the moon and stars, didn’t appear to be an issue on close viewing. Is there a check for collimation I can do to see if it me or the bins ? Thanks Paul

After breaking my Celestron 15 x 70 bins two months ago I decided to go for the 25 x 70s. After trying them out I found that to avoid double vision I had to adjust the pupil distance so far that I couldnt use both eyes when viewing. I put this down to one of those things and sent them back and purchased the 15 x 70s as they were OK. Set them up on the tripod last night and got double vision on the moon and stars, didnt appear to be an issue on close viewing. Is there a check for collimation I can do to see if it me or the bins ? Thanks Paul

My friend had this problem with the 15x70's. He had left them in his car and got damaged. Maybe they have been damaged in transit to you. I could contact the seller and and them back.

Archived