Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Registax 6 and Debayer DFK

Excuse the spelling mistakes, just goes to show how tired i was and shouldnt have been posting at 2am :-)

To fill in the blanks

DFK21AU18

4 x 2 min subs

AVi set to y800

60fps

Exposure 1/76

gain ~700

Single frame in Reg6

post-24560-133877659183_thumb.jpg

OK, so I did the upgrade and then read and reread the second; as my original post said, it had to be something silly! I was debayering in IC, so Y800 had nothing to do.....DOH!!!

Pic now debayers on RS6 BUT the final stack is Greyscale which was supposed to be fixed by the upgrade some more testing needed by at least I am on the rigth track (altough my netbook i use for capture doesnt like 60fps so will go back tp 30fps)

Hello Hayju,

I remember there's info on the internet suggesting that it could be better to debayer using some other program before using registax. That's because apparently there are different algorithms to do this and registax uses the least precise (but fastest). So you might loose some (color ?) resolution using registax to debayer (if you could get the colors back at all that is...).

Unfortunately I can't quickly find the right info now :)

Since you seem to have a problem with the R6 debayer anyway it might be worthwhile to try some other program for debayering ?

Cheers,

Jeffrey

Thanks Jeffery,

I've taken a quick look on the net and it seems that most debayer software is for single images and as I have to debayer before i stack this wont work.

I can of course use the debayer within IC but i suspect its not as good as standalone for the same speed needs as RS6.

Archived