NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

1.25" vs 2"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
page 1 of this thread. adm bar on top with 90 attached.

D'oh! Of course! So, how many things are attached to that? It looks like there are possibly 2? Do you literally just use the screws either end of the OTA to fix it on?

Its like the scene from when Harry met Sally....the answer is

Yes..Yes....Yes....oh Yesssss

Williams optic Star Diag is perfect as has both the 2" fitting and a drop in insert to accept 1.25"

The 2" 20mm Nagler gives such gorgeous views

Its like the scene from when Harry met Sally....the answer is

Yes..Yes....Yes....oh Yesssss

Williams optic Star Diag is perfect as has both the 2" fitting and a drop in insert to accept 1.25"

The 2" 20mm Nagler gives such gorgeous views

Hmm....Nagler, sounds so rude! :)

I did enjoy looking through the 2" EPs that Pingster and SwampThing had on their 16" dobs. They really did make it seem like a voyage through the sky. :D

D'oh! Of course! So, how many things are attached to that? It looks like there are possibly 2? Do you literally just use the screws either end of the OTA to fix it on?

Only the 90 attached in this configuration.

the telrad is seperate held on by the sticky sticky tape.

the finder is seperate like yours

and yes you just use the screws

has slightly changed as I now have a moonlight crayford attached and an adm dual saddle on the NEQ6 pro. the links are in your other thread:D

Hmm....Nagler, sounds so rude! :)

I did enjoy looking through the 2" EPs that Pingster and SwampThing had on their 16" dobs. They really did make it seem like a voyage through the sky. :D

wait until you see through an ethos:p

mortgage your wife and divorce the house and you will die a happy man

wait until you see through an ethos:p

mortgage your wife and divorce the house and you will die a happy man

I think I might well have looked through one, although I can't remember which of the two dob's had it. They're not that expensive though, are they? I thought they are about £500ea? Ok - I know that sounds quite expensive, but when put in the context of things like good camera lenses, etc, it's not so bad.

Hmm....Nagler, sounds so rude! ....

Some of the names can seem very odd, until you get used to them. In the early 1980's I used to get a US astro magazine called "Astronomy". In the back pages was a small classified from a company called "Tele Vue" - what a naff name for a company I thought, I don't think I'd ever buy any of their stuff. How wrong I was :)

Al Nagler started that company and designed the eyepiece - but you knew that of course :D

I think I might well have looked through one, although I can't remember which of the two dob's had it. They're not that expensive though, are they? I thought they are about £500ea? Ok - I know that sounds quite expensive, but when put in the context of things like good camera lenses, etc, it's not so bad.

the big daddy is nearly £700

http://stargazerslounge.com/members-equipment-gallery/149079-3-big-bullies.html

As my eldest boy seems so keen on saying these days, 'Sweet!' :)

Well, I guess it gives one something to collect, a bit like cigarette cards for bigger boys (although, I do actually have a nice collection of those :D)

I think the answer you were looking for originally was

1. get the large moonlite crayford (put in a 6.3 reducer) to widen the field of view and use the full aperture to its full advantage

2. get a good quality diagonal I use a WO carbon fibre on the 90 but my favourite is the Baader clicklock diagonal. Everything just feels so safe (even the ethos 21)

3. Telrad (nuff said)

4. dewshield homemade or otherwise

5. dew bands in due course-I class this as essential

6. adm bar to attach everything and anything

7. full set of ethos (why not:-) )

8. extra weights to counter the overloaded mount

9. retraining to be a chiropractor-you will need it

I think the answer you were looking for originally was

1. get the large moonlite crayford (put in a 6.3 reducer) to widen the field of view and use the full aperture to its full advantage

2. get a good quality diagonal I use a WO carbon fibre on the 90 but my favourite is the Baader clicklock diagonal. Everything just feels so safe (even the ethos 21)

3. Telrad (nuff said)

4. dewshield homemade or otherwise

5. dew bands in due course-I class this as essential

6. adm bar to attach everything and anything

7. full set of ethos (why not:-) )

8. extra weights to counter the overloaded mount

9. retraining to be a chiropractor-you will need it

Man, with that lot, me scope is gonna be well blinged up, innit?! :)

Now - what was the question?! :D

I don't know, but I've got a shopping list! :) Those Moonlites look gorgeous - I'm a sucker for a nice finish, as anyone that has seen my mountain bike knows! :D

my brother has a yeti 575 mountain bike-cost more than all of my astro gear

Archived