Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

logging in and out

:) Would someone please explain why, after I've logged in to SGL I find that I have automatically been logged out after a short period of time; subsequently and frustratingly needing to log in again? I have to repeat this regularly during a session.

Could this be owing to my PC's sleep settings?

Thank you :(

zedds,

Thanks for replying, I'll try that one. Surely though, having logged in I ought to be able to decide when to log out.

BTW, I see you have a 200p - would that be the Skyliner? Is it a 'scope that you could recommend to someone wanting a simpler set up but not too frustrating when hand-tracking and star hopping?

I'm close to buying a new 'scope, ya see!

Tim

I think, if you don`t tick the box, you will be logged out automatically after a while.

Of the scope, i have a Skywatcher Explorer 200P mounted on an EQ5 mount upgraded with synscan pro. So i can`t really comment on the dob mount. The 200P OTA, though, is a great bit of kit.

I`m actually thinking of getting a dob so i can get some observing in while the subs roll in(which i`m very much still learning to take).

Hi Timbo.. it's possible it's your browser that's doing it...

Most browsers have an option to clear all cookies/browsing history when you exit the browser, so if you have that option checked, even if you click to "remember me", it will still clear your login data when you close the browser each time, forcing you to log in every time you load up your browser.

Here's how to check for the three browsers I know:

Chrome (v13):

- Click the spanner icon in the top right, then choose "Options"

- Click "Under the bonnet", and then the "Content Settings" button

- Look at the first section "Cookies", and check whether the "Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser" is ticked, and untick it if it is.

- You might also have "Block sites from setting any data" option selected, this will also prevent you from saving your login, so you would need to change this to "Allow local data to be set (recommended)".

Firefox (v6):

- Click the down arrow to the right of "Firefox" in the very top left, go to Options, and then Options

- on the Privacy tab, check the History setting. Check to see if it's set to "Never remember history", and change it to "Remember history".

Internet Explorer (V9):

- Click Tools..Internet Options

- On the General Tab, check to see if "Delete browsing history on exist" is ticked, and untick it if it is.

(And you'll probably say you're using Safari now anyway, which I don't have installed and can't check :D )

I am presuming you're on your own computer and not a work one... some companies may not allow you to make those changes, in which case there may not be anything you can do.

Hope that helps (takes off IT support hat... ;) )

Matsey :)

zedds,

Thanks for replying, I'll try that one. Surely though, having logged in I ought to be able to decide when to log out.

BTW, I see you have a 200p - would that be the Skyliner? Is it a 'scope that you could recommend to someone wanting a simpler set up but not too frustrating when hand-tracking and star hopping?

I'm close to buying a new 'scope, ya see!

Tim

go for the 150p and buy loads of goodies for it they are so simple to use and easy to pack away

Archived