Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQMod - CdC - PHD - APT

Well the early part of this evening showed some promise of being clear, but not really good seeing so I thought I would see if I could get all of the above working together.

Following on from advice here I launched PHD, connected to camera, then to scope which launched EQMOD. Than launched APT which showed PHD connected, then CdC which is where my problems started... It wouldn't connect to the scope unless PHD was closed. Likewise, if APT tried to connect to the scope whilst PHD was running it failed...

Any suggestions on how to get these apps running so there is no conflict... It will be a pain if I have to keep closing and opening connections all the time

try running those apps as administrator and set the compatinility to win xp sp2 (from the properties menu of the launch icon) if you run win vista or 7. this will fix it. also lauch the progs in the following order. CdC-conect to the scope, phd then apt.

The order is important (see above) as well as ensuring that you always plug everything into the same ports on the computer or things can get really confused!

The scope is permentaly set up in the Obsy so the connections are always the same. I'll try the order suggetsed and see what happens

thre is an option to connect through cdc toy your scope you don't have to run eqmod sepparetely. so connect through cdc then run phd and connect guide camera and then connect to scope through phd

Launching PHD, then connect camera, then scope launches EQMOD. Then launching CdC and clicking on connect to telescope results in an failed connection.

If I launch CdC, connect to scope, EQMOD running and then launch PHD, do I still need to click on the connect to scope option in PHD ?

in short the connection order i follow.

Load the mount and balance it->turn on mount->run cdc-> conect to mount via cdc-> polar align via eqmod-> run phd (while cdc is still running with the mount conected)-> conect to camera in phd-> conect to mount in phd->run nebulosity 2 and conect to photographic camera (or any other capture program you use)-> do a 3 star alignment via cdc->goto target via cdc->calibrate phd and start guiding->start taking photos

because i have a short OTA and i have no problem of the OTA hitting the tripod i load the mount first and run a polar align. if you use a long OTA i suggest first run eqmod without running the cdc, polar align, then park the mount and disconect/power it off, load all your equipment and the start the above connection order without polar alignment

if you do the second connection order you mentioned you won't have any problems and yes you still need to conect to the mount in phd

OK I fanally have it all working... I've just managed to grab a few hours before the clouds roll in again tio see if I could get the thingn guiding... it is... :)

But.... I'm sure the graph should be flatter than this... I've not done any ajustments to the default settings in phd...

any suggestions... I've done the divergance drift alignment method to polar align (best I could given the limitations for East/West horizons) - is that what is causing the poor graph ?

post-23388-13387765685_thumb.jpg

after the calibration is done stop guiding and after a couple of seconds start the capture process of phd and start guiding. the reason behind this is that sometimes the star has drifted form the original calibration and ohd is tryig to bring back to its original place. also raise the time to 2.5 seconds and focus your scope, the stars i see are heavily defocused. you will see if your guiding is ok when you capture some images with your photographic camera

Archived