SIr Patrick's shirt..

ollypenrice

When I bought this house an electrician friend, Ted, said he'd come down and swap some wiring time for some astronomy. He also told me how he once walked down into Meteor Crater and slowly closed up on a large chap in front of him, the chap wearing a remarkably colourful shirt. To his astonishment the gentleman in question turned out to be Patrick Moore! And to my great delight this month's S at N confirms the tale with a picture of Sir P wearing a splendid shirt at the bottom of Meteor Crater...

Small world,

Olly

I've photographed him a few times and he was great to work with - a real pro and lovely chap! :)

From what I recall though, when I shot him, his outfits were a little more conservative! :( I wonder if the bright colours are designed to scare away the clouds?!

I recall him wearing such shirts on the beach at Marazion in 1999 when I was down there for the eclipse.

We were sat in the beer garden of the pub that overlooks the beach watching Sir Patrick do his stuff for the BBC.

A group of 'revellers' next to us dared one of the party (a male) to strip off and do a streak past Sir Patrick.

So he stripped off ran down the steps onto the beach and ran several times past the camera waving to Sir Patrick who just laughed, shook his head and carried on with the interview.

I don't think the streak made the final edit but it must be in the BBC vaults....:)

Paul

I recall him wearing such shirts on the beach at Marazion in 1999 when I was down there for the eclipse.

We were sat in the beer garden of the pub that overlooks the beach watching Sir Patrick do his stuff for the BBC.

A group of 'revellers' next to us dared one of the party (a male) to strip off and do a streak past Sir Patrick.

So he stripped off ran down the steps onto the beach and ran several times past the camera waving to Sir Patrick who just laughed, shook his head and carried on with the interview.

I don't think the streak made the final edit but it must be in the BBC vaults....:(

Paul

LOL - I wouldn't have put it past him to have made some comment to camera! :)

Archived