SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Can't seem to get any better

trudie

No matter what I do I can't seem to improve on this, I think its a tad better than last time, but don't seem to be able to sharpen it. 1700 frames stacked. ED80 x4 imagemate.

Any suggestions where I'm going wrong.

Regards

Trudie

have you tried using the default, think it is Bell. Everytime I use the other resampling options I seem to get a blurred image. Thing I found helped at first was to let registax do everything in its default settings. Then when you get to the wavelet section have a play. I started by sliding each slider all the way to max one at a time and seeing what effect it had. Gives you a feel for what the sliders are actually adjusting.

Hi Trudie , nothing wrong with that image , looks good , ok the seeing is not with us around here at the moment for planets and some DSO work, just a tip if you cant see cassini in your screen view, dont start the AVIs , just sit and wait till it starts to appear , and it will , then start your frames

Rog

Trudie

I think you're doing really well, but I might suggest that although the ED80 punches above it's weight, it's not really a scope for planetary work. Aperture and focal length are essential to get good images.

Also as others have said on here, although skies are clear, conditions are making focusing really troublesome at the moment. Whether that improves before the end of the Saturn 'season' is anyones guess.

Geoff

Archived