Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

MARATHON DEEP SPACE OBSERVATION IN 1 HOUR!

Hi all! Well as seen it was really clear tonight i thought id try a little marathon run of DSO that i looked up and thought i could see from the bck yard! Not much space so it was in a limited area that i could see but from what i could see this is what i went on to view:-

M42 & M43

M51

M94

Pleiades

M36, M37 & M38

M81 & M82

Alcor and Mizar (the twin star in the big dipper)

Beehive Cluster

WOW!!!

I had such a fun time! Im really enjoying this amateur stuff, even if it is in a small SLT114! Great learning the night sky! Heres to 4 months time when i hopefully upgrade

Any advice on what else is good viewing

Darren :occasion6:

Sounds like you had a great time Darren.

I'd take a look at M35 (a lovely open cluster) and NGC2392 (very small but bright planetary nebula) - both in Gemini so they're disappearing fast for this year.

M3 and M53 are a couple of globulars worth a look although it may take good conditions to resolve many stars.

Obviously there are loads of galaxies to go for and you've already looked at some nice ones. I'd try the Leo trio (M65, M66 and NGC3628) which are relatively easy to find, and M106 and M63 which are both quite bright and near zenith around now.

Have fun :D

Archived