NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Neighbours and lights

Sorry to read of your frustrating experience, Ags. I'm glad you have a slightly better sky now.

The whole light pollution issue is forcing me to consider building a small "rucksack" dob; where I don't need to load up a car, just walk a few miles off into local fields/hills. I've already nicely asked one neighbour to redirect their halogen lights - they obliged and I bought them a bottle of wine. One problem solved...however, I don't want to get the reputation of being the village grump...:)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the replies. I really like the ideas of creeping them out by either pointing my scope into their window in daytime, or going naked. Unfortunaely in the codl weather there would not be much left to see in the latter option.

Going to the neighbours or hinting anything is pretty awkward, and tbh I would find it rude if a stranger asked me in anyway to put curtains up lol. Its a case of like it or lump it :s

I think my best bet is a shield, or a long dewsheild/shield, I think I will go with the shield as I have seen people on here making their own, even out of cardboard, though if there is a cheap retail option I am all ears!

My neighbour also leaves their bathroom light on (its a downstairs bathroom), but its not that bright as compared to the main culprit.

Archived