Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bargain for someone.

spaceboy

Don't know what that scope is in that link Alan ???? The one on eBay is basically the same as a Sky-watcher Explorer 200P Blue tube. Will be a f/5 200mm mirror on a EQ4 mount and aluminum tripod. I bought one second hand and highly recommend them. I would have this one if it was closer.

Don't know what that scope is in that link Alan ???? The one on eBay is basically the same as a Sky-watcher Explorer 200P Blue tube. Will be a f/5 200mm mirror on a EQ4 mount and aluminum tripod. I bought one second hand and highly recommend them. I would have this one if it was closer.

Thanks for that. Am not after one but thought for a member of the local astro society it would be worth a punt.

You bid and I'll pay and pick it up :rolleyes:

You bid and I'll pay and pick it up :rolleyes:

:) If I won it for £90 and you picked it up for me on a clear night and thought ....go on then I'll have a quick look. I doubt you would be wanting to hand it over to me when the time came ;)

If it is as described I would say it's easily worth £130 and would make a superb first scope. The only thing that lets it down is the aluminum tripod would mean there is a fair bit of vibration when focusing but this can easily be overcome with an auto focuser.

Well I do hope to give an opinion. I will be using for it with my 925 but am wondering what the difference will be on both a 14" and 20" dob which I will hope to use in a month or so.

A world of difference there I guess but would expect some tremendous views no matter what.

Yep, there is a lot of confusion over the Helios branding. Some awful modern scopes have been given the same brand name (they are basically Seben's or worse) so folks have got used to avoiding them. There are some great bargains to be had with the original Helios branded scopes - as you say they are basically the same as Skywatchers.

Bresser and Konus are other brands that can suffer the same fate. In the 1980's and 1990's some Bresser scopes were re-branded Vixens so excellent quality. Some of the Konus models are made by Synta and therefore clones of the Helios / Skywatcher models.

Archived