Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Atik 314L Flange to Sensor Distance?

Stephen

Thanks for the help guys :)

Focus dist. to T2 thread: 10.1mm (T2 thread back end), 13.1mm (T2 thread front end)

Now (to save starting another thread) can someone confirm my suspicion that there's an additional t-thread adaptor seized in the end of my camera? It looks nothing like the pictures in the document ;)

post-23057-133877652304_thumb.jpg

Any thoughts on removing it? Putting the filter wheel in the oven was OK, but no way do I want to put the Atik in there :rolleyes:

Cheers

Hmmm, when I remove the nosepiece, mine doesn't look like that (You don't happen to have a manual filter wheel do you...? The MFW has an adaptor that enables it to screw into the 314L+)

If it won't unscrew, you'll need one of those self-tightening releasing belts (but I'm afraid I don't know what they're officially called!)

Hmmm, when I remove the nosepiece, mine doesn't look like that (You don't happen to have a manual filter wheel do you...? The MFW has an adaptor that enables it to screw into the 314L+)

If it won't unscrew, you'll need one of those self-tightening releasing belts (but I'm afraid I don't know what they're officially called!)

Both the camera and the filter wheel were picked up (separately) S/H.

It does look exactly like what you're describing though. My filter wheel has one of those in the box.

I might give it 10 mins in a sealed bag in the fridge to see if I can dislodge it, failing that off to B&Q this afternoon :rolleyes:

(Final set up will be Atik -> BS filter wheel -> spacer -> MPCC)

Okay, so now we know what it is - It sounds as though you've got a "free" adapter :rolleyes:.

If you do get one of those little devices please let me know what they're called - It might be useful to have one of those knocking around the kit bag somewhere! Good luck with removing it...

rubber strap wrench or plumbers wrench with little pressure.

Nadeem.

Yup indeed. Strap wrench (100mm) from B&Q - £6.49

I admit it took a LOT of force, even with the wrench. It finally gave (and I had an oh poo moment when it felt like everything fell apart in my hands!) and came free. Only cost me a couple of small dinks in the 314L barrel where the ratchet bit made contact with it :rolleyes:

post-23057-133877652415_thumb.jpg

It appears to be nothing more than a very small spacer - male t-thread to female t-thread with a couple of mm spacing in the middle.

I use a Baby Boa whcih is all rubber or nylon, a pressie from that fine fellow Mr Peter Vasey. On things that are too thin I use a jamjar lid opener of French origin but it does bite what it removes!

As for the time I had to use a hacksaw to extract an insert from my EFW...let's not discuss it!!!

Olly

Archived