Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tal 150 f5 newt on ebay

SteelRat

the scope in the picture isn't f5

Heh, looks more like f7.3 to me... hmmm :D I'm a big Tal fan, but £200 is a bit much I reckon :D

I ain't seen a used Tal1 go for more than £70 for AGES! Steve sell's brand spankers for only £175.

That definately isn't a TAL 150. I've got one and it's a darn sight shorter n' fatter than that (same mount though)! Looks like a TAL 1 to me. £200 though? I don't think he's going get many takers on that one...

This is what makes me laugh about Ebay, people get sucked into what I call 'auction fever' and they end up paying almost the same as they would for the same thing new. I've sold a few things where they could have actually got it cheaper new! Still, it takes all sorts I suppose, I've got my eye on a Skywatcher 6" f5 scope for my sister and I'm not going to go over £40 for it becuase it's not really worth any more than that second hand, I can almost guarantee someone will outbid me though...

£40 for it becuase it's not really worth any more than that second hand

Heheheh, must be an OTA or somethin quite old you got yer eye on then? If it's a full setup - a tidy used eq3/2 mount alone should fetch at least £60? :D People like shiny skywatcher stuff.

Edit; You could probly get her an old Tal1 fer £40(ish) 8)

Ahh, that one - seller with only 2 points? Looked very shiny, clean and well looked after. Might've just missed it's reserve. Most stuff in that condition should make somewhere around half the new price?

Heh, tell'ye though; there's no way on Odin's greenest that one was 'only worth' £40 :D:lol: Heheheh, no-sirree-bob, no flippin way :nono: :D heheheh.

That Tal 150 ad ain't changed yet - guess nobody's been in touch yet.

:D :D Ok, £40 was a bit on the low side! But the auction didn't mention it was boxed or there was any eyepieces included. As he even mispelled the auction title, I reckon he didn't know what he was selling (maybe he picked it up second hand himself?) and he looked around the net and saw it was £225 new and thought 'This has got to be worth £150 of anyone's money'....

Ah, maybe I'm just a cynic and I'm just not going to be sucked in. I've had way too many dealings with Ebay and I think the days of the 'Ebay bargain' are long gone....

Heheh, someone had to ask what ep's that 'Sky-watch' telescope had - though it looked to me like the standard (as new) ep boxes sat on the tray.

I reckon £150'd still be a bargain for some out there; it did look mint :shock: Not f'me though - If I was in the market for an EQ3/2 I'd probly have stuck £75 on it just f'the mount, but then I would've been outbid too.

Bargains do come up - but not very often are they blue with the word 'Skywatcher' stamped em. Look out for an old black Helios one, or go fer a Tal - just not the one I posted about. Saw a couple of Tal120 scopes recently that went cheap - and Tal's come with decent ep's as standard 8)

Heheh, someone had to ask what ep's that 'Sky-watch' telescope had - though it looked to me like the standard (as new) ep boxes sat on the tray.

I reckon £150'd still be a bargain for some out there; it did look mint :shock: Not f'me though - If I was in the market for an EQ3/2 I'd probly have stuck £75 on it just f'the mount, but then I would've been outbid too.

Bargains do come up - but not very often are they blue with the word 'Skywatcher' stamped em. Look out for an old black Helios one, or go fer a Tal - just not the one I posted about. Saw a couple of Tal120 scopes recently that went cheap - and Tal's come with decent ep's as standard 8)

The ep's that came with my skyliner are cack in comparison to the TAL plossls...Purely out of curiosity, I'm sure you know the RA circle on TAL mounts are backwards for Northern Hemisphere types, is there a relatively easy way of putting it the right way round?

I mailed the sellr 3 days ago to query the focal length, unfortunately I got no answer.

So, one must make of that whatever. I now see it has had a change of description. It is a 110 and not a 150. He puts it down to his ignorance,

and it buyable for £100. has someone on SGL enlightened this chap by any chance?

:D

Has someone on SGLenlightened this chap by any chance? :D

Me neither. His feedback all looks in order so could've just been a careless mistake - although the tube ain't even 150mm across :?

Starting bid of £50 - looks like a good cheap starter scope for someone now; with a great mount, cracking finder, awesome eyepieces - as long as the mirrors are tidy.

Outlash;- not my area of expertise but PM sent matey. Heh, and that 65 is cute :D

Archived