Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

UK supplier of Celestron car battery adapter.

Hi, I am trying to track down an adapter to allow me to connect a Celestron Nexstar scope to a Portable 12v battery set-up via a car cigarrette lighter type socket.

I have seen these adapters advertised on US Astro sites but have been unable to find one from a UK based supplier.

The only thing I have seen for sale here in the UK is an adapter for connecting to the domestic electricity supply, which would be ok in the garden, but thats about it.

Anybody know of a supplier? or even of an alternative adapter that works?

Cheers, bob.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a Nexstar 5 which I power through a portable 12 volt power supply - the ones that you buy to kick start your car on cold mornings. Mine has a  12v cigarette lighter type socket with the appropriate lead. Just make sure you get one which has an output which is "tip positive" (ie: the central pin of the output plug is the positive connection).

This powers my Nexstar for hours on end. It cost me around £35.00.

John,

North Somerset

Archived