NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First Saturn

Trevor

yes good going , agree Phil the seeing is or was bad , it started to get better where the cassini just about showed then went just as fast lol , i done a few thousand frames , but the disc larks any detail , just my luck ,lol

anyway Trevor a really good start mate , keep it up

Rog

Thanks guys.

Trying to focus was hard work, it’s about time I invested in an auto focuser no matter how gentle I try and be, still get the wobbles on the tube.

I ended up just focusing on the moon then moving to Saturn, It’s a steep learning curve but most enjoyable, and the pictures some of you produce are inspiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Been trying to improve on the ringed one last night, still lacking detail any tips on improving please?

I tried the imagemate x4 but could not get a focus so this one was with the 2x Barlow 200mm skywatcher on HEQ5.

1400 frames in registax 4.

Trev.

CCDCap0006saturn.jpg

You are doing OK Trev. You will improve with experience, and if the seeing was as bad as the other guys say it was, you've done very well to produce what you have, so don't sell yourself short, and keep plugging away, success in astro imaging demands hard work, just ask the top notchers in SGL.

Ron. :D

Thanks guys.

Trying to focus was hard work, it’s about time I invested in an auto focuser no matter how gentle I try and be, still get the wobbles on the tube.

I ended up just focusing on the moon then moving to Saturn, It’s a steep learning curve but most enjoyable, and the pictures some of you produce are inspiring.

Until you get yourself an auto focussor, have you tried a Hartman mask? They really do help.

Hi CC

I have a uv/ir rejection filter attached to the camera.

Just made up a Hartman mask and will try that next time.

The camera is a neximage that I acquired cheap, when I get the hang of this imaging and processing lark I will probably get one of the Atik range, just need to get around her that must be obeyed.

Trev.

Archived